Saturday 19 March 2011

Review: Toying Around

Toying Around
By Velvets Fantasies


I must come clean and say this video is one of the reasons I started this blog. Even though I look for this kind of stuff, I only found it completely by accident, so I guess it may get overlooked often by gunfun fans - all ten of us :) Which is a shame, since it is probably my favorite video of all time in this genre!

If you like it,  support the producer and buy it, give feedback,  etc. So they can keep putting out quality stuff.

The Girls & Attire:
My viewpoint & disclaimer: generally, I prefer sporty clothes (eg, tops, tight shorts, etc.) to everyday clothes or business wear; I also appreciate uniform-like attire, which can be as elaborate as sci-fi or army uniforms, to something as simples as black-bikini vs white bikini.


The dress wear is right up my alley, since both girls wear tight tops and shorts (they are supposed be coming home after gym). Jaquelin Velvets is the site owner, who stars in, and produces, a variety of action and  "sleepy" clips. Seen here with blond hair, she wears a black sports short with blue outlined, and a metallic blue top, and gives an energetic performance.








Hit!
Patrolling... 
Sumiko is one of my favorite actresses in custom videos. To start with, she is impossibly cute! In biological terms, we tend to find beauty in symmetric and small, well proportioned features, so she really won a lottery in this regard: almond eyes, heart-shaped face, long smooth hair, you name it. But  above all, this petite asian brings a lot of intensity to the scenes. I have never watched  a wooden performance from her, and the fact that she is so expressive in her roles makes her a delight to watch. As you may notice, the title image of this blog was taken from this video.


The Numbers:
This is a 19m video, most of it action (filler almost non-existant).
Costing 14 USD, it features 34 scenes.

The Action:
My viewpoint & disclaimer: to keep the description from being repetitive, I’ll define beforehand the most common type of acting you find in these genre videos:

Going through the motions – almost no speech or acting, the girls just lie down when they’re shot, usually swaying or writhing for a bit; this can be by design, not necessarily poor acting. I guess it can be preferred by those who tend to find these videos immature.
Over-the-top, in-character– MY FAVORITE: the girls really act out their parts, pretending to dodge, shoot back, with lines like “I’ll get you yet!”, “You’re mine!” or “Argh! U got me!”
Goofy – the girls have a more child’s-play stance, they laugh or giggle, with speech along the lines of “I shot you, cheater!”, “No, you missed!”,etc.


The action is Over-the-top and it's superb. They seem to really get into it, looking dangerous when scanning for foes, doing a "fantastic, violent dance" when shot (it was in the clip description, but I loved this expression), a mischievous smile when they manage to get the drop on the other, and stand proudly over the fallen opponent.  Perfect.

There is a good variety of scenes, and they are role-reversed: every scene is played twice, with the girls changing roles.
Taking cover
Ambush

Crawling around

Sneak-up
Sneak-up with Gun jam!

My favorite scene was one in which one of the girls is prone on the floor and looking down the barrel of her gun, only to be surprised by the other, who has her at gunpoint from behind, and signals her presence with a "a-hum". The first girls says "F... I'm so dead!" and tries to bring her gun to bear, only to get blown away. Brilliant!

And the shootouts are energetic, with the girls ending up in a variety of poses:

In the stairs

On a chair

On couch


Bodypile!
Most of the times there is a winner, but as you can see there a are few scenes of mutual destruction.


The Production:
My viewpoint & disclaimer: I’m no expert on digital video, all I can do is tell apart poor picture quality  - grainy or low res –from  good or HD.

Good picture quality. The machine guns look and sound convincing (not real,  more dakka-dakka-dakka). The scenes go all around the house: kitchen,  living room, hallway, etc.

The Verdict:

Buy, buy, BUY! With the usual caveats for personal taste, this is as good as it gets, IMHO. There are nice actresses, nice clothes, good action, and dozens of scenes, so quality/price and quantity/price ratios are very high indeed.




Yet another disclaimer: this is just my own, biased opinion; picture or videos may not reflect image quality; all rights belong to the above identified producer.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Tsietsin,

    I'm the one who commissioned this custom. I'm happy to hear that it's one of your favorites in the toy gun genre; mine, too! I agree with everything you say about Sumiko. And it sounds like we have similar preferences for the girls' attire. If you ever feel like chatting about these types of videos, you can email my gmail account... It's named (appropriately enough) toygunfight.

    Regards,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my hero, man! Seriously!

    I'll definitely drop you a message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Please do drop me a line. We have some remarkably similar interests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just got this video based on your review. It's phenomenal, and I thank you for pointing it out.

    As a general note, I also want to thank you for running this blog. Please e-mail me at dpsleepy@yahoo.com if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    THis video looks great and I really want to buy it, together with other videos from velvetsfantasies.com!

    Can I ask you a practical thing? It's not clear to me if the videos are available for download. I don't want them to be sent to my addres as DVD.
    Thank you, I'll definetly follow this blog!

    PS: have you seen this??
    http://www.skwppv.com/skwppv/index.php?pagename=product&id=811#
    I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    yes, the videos are available for download. I'm not in the US, so I never get DVD.

    And yes, I have that one too. Been preparing a review of that , and another one more like the one in this review.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your answer, and for your reviews! ;)

    ReplyDelete